The dining room is one of the essential rooms in a house that you can’t opt-out of. Other than designing, choosing a perfect dining set can enhance the charm of your dining room. The point is, what kind of dining set, the size, and the material you choose because you can’t just simply choose a dining set just because it’s the cheapest or just because you love the color or accents.
(You may also like this: How to Recover Dining Room Chairs | 3 Quick Steps)
If you’re planning to get a new dining set for a new house, we have some tips on how to choose the most suitable one for you down below!
How to Choose a Suitable Dining Set
1. Know Your Dining Room Size
The first basic thing to do to ensure that you get the right dining set and have easy access to add the dining set itself. Some things that you have to make sure of are:
- The hallway size will be used as the entrance of the dining set. This is important to make sure the whole process goes smoothly.
- The size and shape of the dining room: rectangular, square, or narrow rectangular.
- If there are already some pieces of furniture inside the dining room, you have to take into account this aspect so you can use it as a measure to choose a dining room.
(You may also like this: Rustic Dining Room Ideas: 10+ Earthy Elements to Create a Warm Look)
2. Dining Table Size
Once you know the size of your dining room, it’s time to choose the dining table that suits its size. In this step, some points that you have to take attention to are:
- If your dining room is empty, you will have to make sure that there are 43 – 49 inches of space from the wall to make the diners feel comfortable when getting in and out.
- However, if you’re planning to add another piece of furniture like a buffet or cupboard, you have to measure the space between the furniture and the dining set, not the wall.
- For people who want to create a space-saving layout, you can try using a dining bench.
(You may also like this: Cozy Dining Room Ideas: Casual Layouts for Ultimate Comfort)
3. Dining Table Shape
As you may have known that there are several shapes of dining table that you can choose based on the dining room size. Those shapes are:
- Rectangular: This shape is the most common one when it comes to a dining table with its various sizes, styles, designs, and suitable for a long and narrow dining room. If you’re planning to use an open-plan, you can also use this shape to work as a partition between kitchens and living rooms.
- Square: For a smaller room, a square dining table is a good choice. It makes the ambiance feels more intimate and cozier because the space between each side is not too far.
- Oval: An oval dining table is a perfect choice if you don’t want to get a rectangular one and want to make a unique traditional look. Just like a rectangular shape, this one is perfect for a long dining room.
- Round: As for this shape, it’s the best choice if you have a small and narrow room. The intimate nuance can be felt just like a square one.
(You may also like this: Dining Room Wallpaper Ideas: 10+ Inspiring Decors You’ll Love)
4. Concept and Material
When it comes to a concept and material, there are tons of variety to choose from to match the concept of your dining room. Wood is definitely the most versatile material that suits any home decorating design and will add warmth to any room. If you want to create a cozy dining room, opt for a bench instead of bulky wing chairs.
(You may also like this: Traditional Dining Room Ideas: 30+ Gorgeous Decor Photo Galleries You’ll Love)
We hope that these tips help you and happy decorating!