Sometimes, we will face a condition where we lost a certain room’s key or break it while on the other hand, we need it or are in a hurry. For some people, that kind of little happenings can be very stressful and annoying at the same time. However, it’s not impossible to open the door by using items that everyone has in their houses. If you watch action or detective movies, you might familiar with these items.
(You may also love this: Bedroom Plants Ideas: 23+ Freshly Stylish Decors You’ll Love)
Below we have four tricks that you can do to open a bedroom door without keys!
How to Open Bedroom Door without Keys
Before using these tools, please make sure that you know the type of the door so you can choose the right tool to open it. Basically, there are two types of locks that you can see from its hole or slot, those are push-in and twist-button types.
We’re pretty sure that most people know this trick from some movies. Other than this tool, you can also use other stiff bits of wire.
- Bend the tool apart to make a long and straight piece of metal.
- If the door has a push-in lock, insert it directly into the hole until you feel some resistance, then push.
- For a twisting type, insert the pin into the keyhole and twist the knob while wiggling the pin at the same time until it catches on something, then apply pressure. To open a twist-lock, you should sweep the item both clockwise and counter-clockwise until the lock releases.
- Once you hear a click, it indicates the door is unlocked.
(You may also love this: Beach Bedroom Ideas: 25+ DIY Stylish Decors with Exhilarating Vibe)
It’s recommended to use non-confidential cards like a grocery membership, loyalty, library, and stiff business card. You can also use a knife that doesn’t have a sharp blade (butter or spreader knives).
- Start from above the door handle by sliding the card into the gap between the frame and the door.
- Tilt the card towards the knob and bend it to slide.
- Lean on the door while wiggling the card back and forth until the door unlocks.
(You may also love this: Christmas Bedroom Ideas: 25+ Festively Cozy Bedroom Decors You’ll Love)
This one works on doors with a push-button lock type on the handle. You can also use an eyeglasses screwdriver, a paper clip hammered flat, or a very small butter knife
- Look for a tiny hole in the doorknob.
- Push it into the hole.
- Push it straight through as far as you can.
- Twist it until it catches a groove and the lock clicks open.
(You may also love this: Apartment Bedroom Ideas: 23+ Simple and Cheap DIY Decors to Steal)
REMOVE THE KNOB
This last trick is your last hope and please note that you might need more time to use this step.
- For privacy doors, use a screwdriver to undo the screws that hold the knob.
- Once you remove them, put the screwdriver into the lock of the door handle and twist it gently to release the lock.
- Apply some pressure to the knob by pulling on the loosened screws.
- Sometimes the screws are hidden behind a decorative collar and you have to remove them by inserting a clip into the small hole of the collar or gently pry the collar with a flathead screwdriver.
(You may also love this: Bedroom Teenage Ideas: 24+ Chic Cozy Decors to Easily Try Now)
We hope that these tricks help you and happy trying!