The bed frame can be something that might look simple and is not really important compared to other furniture but it’s definitely one of the features that you have to take a closer look at. It’s because a bed frame needs to be sturdy enough to support both a mattress, and your body mass, and make the bed look stand out.
Just like other furniture, it’s recommended to choose the one that matches the dimension of the bedroom, the general concept, the ceiling height, and other optional features. If you’re looking for a new bed frame, you’re on the right page so just keep scrolling to find some easy tips on how to get a perfect bed base.
(You may also love this: Apartment Bedroom Ideas: 23+ Simple and Cheap DIY Decors to Steal)
HOW TO CHOOSE BED FRAMES
There are some points that you have to make sure of before purchasing a bed frame:
1. Bedroom Size
This is the most basic and important thing you have to consider before purchasing a bed frame.
- Once you measure your bedroom’s size, you can now decide what kind of bed frame to choose.
- If you have a quite narrow bedroom, you may opt for the one with additional storage at the bottom part for a space-saving function like simple metal or platform bed frames.
(You may also love this: Christmas Bedroom Ideas: 25+ Festively Cozy Bedroom Decors You’ll Love)
2. Mattress Weigh
If you just want to change the bed frame for an existing mattress, it can be a lot easier.
- You will just have to measure the size of the mattress to fit the base.
- One of the simplest ways is by laying the mattress on the floor and measuring it with a measuring tape. This way, you can get a perfect bed frame once you arrive at the furniture store.
(You may also love this: Beach Bedroom Ideas: 25+ DIY Stylish Decors with Exhilarating Vibe)
Choosing a sturdy bed base is very important because you don’t want to sleep on a weak and frail one and keep worrying all night. In this case, many homeowners prefer to choose a platform bed frame because of this sturdy feeling. Also, this kind of bed base is strong enough to support more weight just in case you want to add another layer of a box spring.
(You may also love this: Bedroom Plants Ideas: 23+ Freshly Stylish Decors You’ll Love)
4. Bed Frame Sizes
Just like how important a bedroom size is, the size of the bed frame matters as well.
- If you choose a bed frame with a canopy or four-poster feature, you will need a high ceiling to accommodate this. A low ceiling will only make your bedroom feel and looks cramped with its outstanding shape.
- If you opt for a bed frame-headboard combination, you will also have to consider it. For example, a classic bed frame with a Victorian headboard will consume more space.
5. Matching Concept
Purchasing a bed frame that matches your bedroom concept can enhance the look even more.
- If you love a rustic, farmhouse, industrial concept, it’s perfect to choose the one made of metal or wood.
- For people who have a modern bedroom, you may want to opt for a platform or wood with clean lines.
(You may also love this: Neutral Bedroom Ideas: 22+ DIY Stylish Decors on a Budget)
Now choose the one that fits your taste and start getting a new one for your comfort!